– In the last 30 days “we travel around 200-300 daily cases of coronavirus positive, a stable figure despite small daily variations”. This was stated by the president of the Istituto Superiore di Sanità, Silvio Brusaferro. “A significant figure is the average age of the new positives, which previously was over 70, and has now dropped to around 40. Lethality, however, concerns the older ages,” he added.
– Green light from the Chamber of the Chamber to the majority resolution that extends the state of emergency on the coronavirus crisis until 15 October. The document was approved with 286 votes in favor, 221 against and 5 abstentions.
– Hans Kluge, the WHO regional director for Europe, made it known that the increase in coronavirus infections among young people may be at the origin of the increase in Covid-19 cases detected in various European countries. Kluge told the BBC radio that auotirtàs need to communicate better with young people.
– The number of new cases of covid-19 in Germany in the last 24 hours is still growing: 684 reports arrived at midnight yesterday, compared to 633 the previous day, according to the latest data from the Robert Koch Institut.
– The Covid vaccine that the Russian national research institute Gamaleya is working on has been sent to the competent department of the Ministry of Health for expert evaluation and its registration is expected to take place between 10 and 12 August: a source told the Russian news agency Interfax.
– China sees coronavirus cases still rise, to the highest levels of the last 4 months: new infections reached 101 in the tally reported on Tuesday announced today by the National Health Commission, up from 68 on Monday.
– The London government has signed an agreement with the French pharmaceutical group Sanofi and the British pharmaceutical group GlaxoSmithKline (Gsk) for the supply of 60 million doses of the coronavirus vaccine. Skynews reports.
– Coronavirus deaths in the United States in the last 24 hours were 1,592, the highest number in two and a half months, and new cases are over 60,000.
– The number of doctors who died of Covid-19 in Italy rises to 176 since the beginning of the epidemic. The data is updated by the federation of doctors’ orders (Fnomceo), which on its website listed in mourning keeps the list of colleagues killed by the virus.
– After four consecutive days with zero new deaths in Lombardy there was a coronavirus victim in the last 24 hours (out of 11 total in Italy). The dead are instead 5 in Veneto, 3 in Tuscany, 1 in Emilia Romagna and 1 in Lazio. The Basilicata Region reports that the significant increase in cases in the last week is due to imported and non-native cases resulting from screening activities. The Calabria Region reports that the increase in infections is due to 5 positive cases detected among the migrants landed in Crotone on 25 July. The Autonomous Province of Bolzano reports that the positives are 2,692 (today +2 compared to yesterday, but 10 cases must be subtracted, counted twice); therefore the positive figure updated as of today is 2.692. The Sardinia Region reports that the number of deceased is reduced by one unit following a recalculation. Therefore increases the number of healed by one unit.
– In Italy the number of positives to the new Coronavirus has risen to 246,488 (+202, yesterday +170), of which 198,756 recovered (+163, yesterday +147) and 35,123 dead (+11, yesterday +5). These are the main data of the Covid-19 emergency in Italy. The numbers were released by the Ministry of Health. The number of swabs carried out increased: compared to yesterday (25,551) 48,170 were recorded, for a total of 6,634,293. Sardinia reported a recalculation on the total of cases.